Web in Review July 23rd, 2009
Web in Review is a post of links that I collect from RSS feeds, links provided by my lovely Twitter friends, and sometimes links I happen upon by accident. Here are a few I found interesting recently. Check them out!
- focus booster – the pomodoro technique – Software to help you use the aforementioned Pomodoro technique.
- The Pomodoro Technique – An interesting technique to managing time.
- Photoshop’s Pen Tool: The Comprehensive Guide – Psdtuts+ – Everything you need to know about using the Pen Tool. A great guide.
- 9 Fresh WordPress Themes With A Minimal & Sleek Design | Inspired Magazine – Some new themes I haven’t seen before, a nice collection.
- Design and branding news: idsgn (a design blog) – A great source of design articles.
- Dealing with Client Logo Design Quotes – Ask for a Budget | UK Freelance Logo Designer – Logo & Brand Identity Design by ImJustCreative – A great article by Graham detailing just how much information is involved in quoting for design work.
- 21 Fonts That Shouldn’t Be Free…But Are! | Web Design Blog by Union Room Web Design – Some excellent free fonts here.
- Pricing Tables Design Showcase | Elements of Design – Some great examples of how to organize often-confusing price information.
- Contracts for Designers – A nice document that details how contracts work and provides samples.
- 55+ Questions to ask when designing a logo | Graphic Design Blender – A very comprehensive list.
- Designing For Seniors – Fonts.com – Designers are often guilty of using very small type- here are some reasons to embiggen it.
- 21 Quotes for Designers stolen from the World of Writing – Bokardo – Wise words from some creative types.
- WordPress Theme Frameworks explained – A fantastic overview about how to work with frameworks and child themes for WordPress.
- A Guide to Google Analytics and Useful Tools | Developer’s Toolbox | Smashing Magazine – Fantastic links and videos on every aspect of Google Analytics.
- Clever PNG Optimization Techniques | How-To | Smashing Magazine – Get the most out of every byte of your PNG images.
- Big, Bold (And Sometimes) Beautiful Serif Slab Fonts – Examples and free downloads of some gorgeous slab serifs.
- branding yourself! a personal design guide… | creativebits – A nice guide on how you should be portraying yourself.
- 70+ Incredible HDR Photographs and photoshop Tutorials for professional photographers | Techie Blogger – HDR is a great way to get true-to-life photos. Here’s how to do it.
- 20 New, Useful And Promising WordPress Plugins | 1stwebdesigner – Love In Design – Some great ideas for plugins here.
- Retro Polaroid Coloring on your Photo | Photoshop Tutorials – If you’re looking to get a retro effect on your photos, here’s a step-by-step tutorial.
- What To Expect When You’re Expecting CSS/HTML Handoff – The designer to developer transition can be difficult, but here are some ways to make sure it goes smoothly.
- 35 CSS-Lifesavers For Efficient Web Design | CSS | Smashing Magazine – Huge list of tools to save you time and effort when creating CSS.
- Free Fonts to Download + Premium Typefaces – Another great library of free fonts. Some really nice specimens here.
- 27 Must-Have Starter Kits For Web Designers | Graphics – Buttons, form elements, and other graphics for creating mockups for web, print, merchandise, etc. No need to reinvent the wheel!
See anything interesting I missed? Leave a comment so I can make sure to get it in tomorrow! To see all my Web In Review posts, click here!